The Alooma Data Solutions Engineer is for data engineers who thrive on finding creative solutions to customer problems and enjoy educating others. Is this a development role? Yes. Is this a customer facing role? Yes. Is this the most amazing opportunity to learn and use the best data and development tools in the industry? Heck yes.
Warning: if you’ve never worked directly with customers and experienced the thrill of impacting a sale, you should know that it is intoxicating… perhaps even addictive.
- Identifying customer business requirements and educating customers about how our solution fits
- Building joint customer strategies with sales and services to encourage product adoption
- Providing live demonstrations of Alooma to prospective customers
- Answering Alooma product questions and helping customers and prospects to take full advantage of the Alooma product
- Working with customers to integrate Alooma with their existing data sources and other big data tools
- Building technical trusted advisor relationships with key decision makers, visiting customers on occasion, and serving as a customer's technical point of contact
- Educating prospects on product implementation and usage
- Learning about customers' successes and challenges, sharing customer feedback within Alooma, and advocating for customer interests
- Acting as intermediary between sales and other technical teams to best meet customer needs
- Communicating customer feedback and perspectives to appropriate teams to be considered in product strategy
- Documenting technical considerations, collecting existing articles, and contributing to internal knowledge bases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
- 3+ years of experience working with big data (i.e. data engineering)
- Deep understanding of SQL, Python, and Linux
- Team-oriented and possess strong collaboration skills
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly solve technical and business-related challenges
- Able to relate technical concepts to customers of all technical backgrounds
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Bonus Points for:
- Solutions engineer / customer facing experience
- DBA experience
- Analytics and BI experience
The Alooma VibeGreat People - Smart, passionate, and commited to each other.
Work/Life Balance - We're a family at work but we also have families back home.
Grow with Us - Push your own limits, and take Alooma to the next level.
The Best Gear - A brand new Mac, your favorite brand of headphones, and anything else you need to get the job done.