Load PostgreSQL data to Google BigQuery in minutes.
Load your PostgreSQL data to your data warehouse to improve the performance of your SQL queries at scale and to generate custom real-time reports and dashboards. Combine your PostgreSQL data with other data sources such as mobile and web user analytics to make it even more valuable.
Load data from any source.Alooma natively supports dozens of the most popular data sources.
Loading PostgreSQL Data to BigQuery
Incrementally Replicating Tables & ViewsSuitable for Replicating transactional data into BigQuery. What is it ODBC connector that continuously queries for changes and replicates them to BigQuery. How it works
- Specify a list of tables to replicate
- For each table, specify the UPDATE indicator column which can be:
- Timestamp column indicating a change was committed for a row, OR
- Making use of XMIN column which indicates a transaction was committed for a special table
- Alooma’s integration will continuously query each table for INSERTED or UPDATED records
- All changes to all tables will be loaded to corresponding staging tables
- Every staging table will be consolidated into an exact replica of the source table
PosgtgreSQL to BigQuery - Should you do it yourself or use a third party solution?
PostgreSQL has a surprisingly large collection of supported data types. Make sure to review the whole list to understand the encoding of the various values before building value conversions. Some examples include timestamp with time zones, boolean values which may appear characters, and multiple type for geometric shapes.
If you don’t have deep expertise in all the different data types that work across PostgreSQL and BigQuery, the Alooma Mapper will auto-detect and recommend the right data type to use.
Calculate how much it would cost to build your own data pipeline in-house here.
Export your PostgreSQL data along with all of
your other data sources to Google BigQuery.
Extract, transform and load your PostgreSQL data to your data warehouse using Alooma's stream-based data pipeline as a service (ETL). Replicate your PostgreSQL data to your data warehouse to improve the performance of your SQL queries at scale and to generate custom real-time reports and dashboards. Combine your PostgreSQL data with other data sources such as mobile and web user analytics to make it even more valuable.