Load Oracle data to Amazon Redshift in minutes.
Replicate your Oracle database to Amazon Redshift to improve the performance of your SQL queries at scale and to generate custom real-time reports and dashboards. Combine your Oracle data with other data sources such as mobile and web user analytics to make it even more valuable.
How it works
By leveraging the Alooma enterprise data pipeline, you can easily integrate, connect, and watch your Oracle data flow into Amazon Redshift.
Add Oracle as a data source.
Map Oracle data to Amazon Redshift.
See Oracle data flow into Amazon Redshift.
Loading Oracle Data to Redshift
LogMiner Change Data CaptureSuitable for Real-time replication of Oracle to Redshift. What is it The LogMiner is a chronological view of all SQL transactions on Oracle. How it works
- Dump an initial snapshot of the desired tables
- Continuously read INSERT, UPDATE & DELETE statements from the LogMiner, then load them into staging tables
- Consolidate the staging tables into exact copies of the source tables
- Detect schema changes and adjust staging and destination tables
Incremental ReplicationSuitable for Real-time replication of Oracle to Redshift. What is it ODBC connector that continuously queries for changes and replicates them to Redshift. How it works
- Specify a list of tables to replicate
- For each table, specify the UPDATE indicator column which can be a Timestamp column indicating a change was committed for a row
- Alooma’s integration will continuously query each table for INSERTED or UPDATED records
- All changes to all tables will be loaded to corresponding staging tables
- Every staging table will be consolidated into an exact replica of the source table
Oracle to Redshift - Should you do it yourself or use a third party solution?
DON’T TRY THIS YOURSELF! It’s very complicated. But if you must, use Oracle SQL*Plus to dump tables to CSV files and load them to your data warehouse.
Calculate how much it would cost to build your own data pipeline in-house here.
Export your Oracle data along with all of
your other data sources to Amazon Redshift.
Extract, transform and load your Oracle data to your data warehouse using Alooma's stream-based data pipeline as a service (ETL). Replicate your Oracle database to your data warehouse to improve the performance of your SQL queries at scale and to generate custom real-time reports and dashboards. Combine your Oracle data with other data sources such as mobile and web user analytics to make it even more valuable.
Bring all your data sources together
Select from any number of data sources, from low to high volume, Alooma’s infrastructure scales to your needs.