Load Oracle data to Google BigQuery in minutes.
Replicate your Oracle database to Google BigQuery to improve the performance of your SQL queries at scale and to generate custom real-time reports and dashboards. Combine your Oracle data with other data sources such as mobile and web user analytics to make it even more valuable.
How to connect Oracle to Google BigQuery
Simple. By leveraging the Alooma enterprise data pipeline, you can easily integrate, connect, and watch your Oracle data flow into Google BigQuery.
Add Oracle as a data source.
Map Oracle data to Google BigQuery.
See Oracle data flow into Google BigQuery.
Loading Oracle Data to BigQuery
LogMiner Change Data CaptureSuitable for Real-time replication of Oracle to BigQuery. What is it The LogMiner is a chronological view of all SQL transactions on Oracle. How it works
- Dump an initial snapshot of the desired tables
- Continuously read INSERT, UPDATE & DELETE statements from the LogMiner, then load them into staging tables
- Consolidate the staging tables into exact copies of the source tables
- Detect schema changes and adjust staging and destination tables
Incremental ReplicationSuitable for Real-time replication of Oracle to Bigquery. What is it ODBC connector that continuously queries for changes and replicates them to BigQuery. How it works
- Specify a list of tables to replicate
- For each table, specify the UPDATE indicator column which can be a Timestamp column indicating a change was committed for a row
- Alooma’s integration will continuously query each table for INSERTED or UPDATED records
- All changes to all tables will be loaded to corresponding staging tables
- Every staging table will be consolidated into an exact replica of the source table
Oracle to BigQuery - Should you do it yourself or use a third party solution?
DON’T TRY THIS YOURSELF! It’s very complicated. But if you must, use Oracle SQL*Plus to dump tables to CSV files and load them to your data warehouse.
Calculate how much it would cost to build your own data pipeline in-house here.
Export your Oracle data along with all of
your other data sources to Google BigQuery.
Extract, transform and load your Oracle data to your data warehouse using Alooma's stream-based data pipeline as a service (ETL). Replicate your Oracle database to your data warehouse to improve the performance of your SQL queries at scale and to generate custom real-time reports and dashboards. Combine your Oracle data with other data sources such as mobile and web user analytics to make it even more valuable.