What is Jasper ETL?
JasperETL is a ready-to-run and high performing data integration platform that can be used by any organization. JasperETL is not a single data integration tool, but it is a part of the Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Suite. It's useful when there is a need for:
- aggregation of large volumes of data fromm various data sources;
- scaling a BI solution to include data warehouses and data marts;
- boosting performance by off-loading query and analysis from systems.
JasperETL provides an impressive set of capabilities to perform any data integration task. It extracts and transforms data from multiple systems with both consistency and accuracy, and loads it into an optimized store.
With JasperETL, it is possible for database architects and data store administrators to:
- use the business modeler to get access to a non-technical view of the information workflow;
- display and edit the ETL process using Job Designer, a graphical editing tool;
- define complex mapping and transformation using Transformation Mapper and other components;
- be able to generate portable Java or Perl code which can be executed on any machine;
- track ETL statistics from start to finish using real-time debugging;
- allow simultaneous input and output to and from various sources using flat files, XML files, web services, databases, and servers with a multitude of connectors;
- make configurations of heterogeneous data sources and complex data formats (including positional, delimited, XML and LIDF with metadata wizards);
- use the AMC (Activity Monitoring Console) to monitor data volumes, execution time, and job events.
JasperETL enables its users (specifically organizations) to develop, manage, and document data integration processes for more accurate and analytical online reporting and processing with JasperServer and JasperAnalysis.