What is Informatica PowerCenter ETL?
Informatica PowerCenter is an enterprise extract, transform, and load (ETL) tool used in building enterprise data warehouses.
With its high availability as well as being fully scalable and high-performing, PowerCenter provides the foundation for all major data integration projects and initiatives throughout the enterprise.
These areas include:
- B2B exchange
- Data governance
- Data migration
- Data warehousing
- Data replication and synchronization
- Integration Competency Centers (ICC)
- Master Data Management (MDM)
- Service-oriented architectures (SOA), and more
PowerCenter provides reliable solutions to the IT management, global IT teams, developers, and business analysts as it delivers not only data that can be trusted and guaranteed to meet analytical and operational requirements of the business, but also offers support to various data integration projects and collaboration between the business and IT across the globe.
Informatica PowerCenter enables access to almost any data source from one platform. PowerCenter is able to deliver data on demand, including real-time, batch, or change data capture (CDC).
Informatica PowerCenter is capable of managing the broadest range of data integration initiatives as a single platform. This ETL tool makes it possible to simplify the development of data warehouses and data marts.
Supported by PowerCenter Options, Informatica PowerCenter software meets enterprise expectations and requirements for security, scalability, and collaboration through such capabilities as:
- Dynamic partitioning
- High availability/seamless recovery
- Metadata management
- Data masking
- Grid computing support, and more
Informatica ETL Products
PowerCenter offers a wide range of features designed for global IT teams and production administrators, as well as for individual developers and professionals:
- Metadata Manager (consolidates metadata into a unified integration catalog)
- Development capabilities (team-based; accelerate development, simplify administration)
- A set of visual tools and productivity tools (manages administration and collaboration between different specialists)
- Metadata-driven architecture
The Informatica ETL (Informatica PowerCenter) product consists of three major applications:
Informatica PowerCenter Client Tools. These tools have been designed to enable a developer to:
- Report metadata
- Manage repository
- Monitor sessions' execution
- define mapping and run-time properties (sessions)
Informatica PowerCenter Repository - the center of Informatica tools where all data (e.g. related to mapping or sources/targets) is stored.
- Informatica PowerCenter Server - the place where all the actions are executed. It connects to sources and targets to fetch the data, apply all transformations, and load the data into target systems.